Sunday, July 26, 2015

Shopping in London

We went to Sloane Square shopping and Old Bond Street shopping yesterday.  At Old Bond street (about 8-10 blocks) you see flag after flag after flag.  London's flagship designer shops.  We went to a watch shop on Sloane Square.  There is a bouncer in a suit posing as a greeter who greets you as he opens the door seeming to be welcoming you in.  He then proceeds to ask you if you have an appointment because many prestigious guests frequent the store and you must have an appointment. I wish I had the chutzpah as I would have said but we are Angela and Jon Paolini.  (Pause for effect) Angela.....and Jaaaawwwn Paolini?  From Lincoln, Nebraska United States of America.  Then walk away in a huff offended that he didn't know prestigious people like us when he saw them.


Bought me some shoes.  Had to. It's my favorite designer and why I came to London in the first place.  Had a wonderful time talking with the boys in the shop about Alexander McQueen his story, his fashion, the V & A exhibit.  It was the best part about the London shopping experience. 

My husband's love - Greubel Forsey watches

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback!