Friday, July 31, 2015

Getting ready for our feature presentation, noma

After Geranium and having a sneak peak into noma, we are nervous as we get ready to sample what was once the #1 Restaurant in the World.  Now at #3 I cannot imagine it is any less of an amazing experience.  Make no mistake, we are not nervous about the slipping in rank of noma but rather the "more experimental and less casual" comment we heard from the staff at Geranium.  Is it going to be unapproachable?  Will I actually not like a dish?  So far, every dish I have been served on a tasting menu anywhere in the U.S. I have loved.  I turned down my first dish at Geranium so I cannot say I haven't turned down any dish worldwide.  Will there be more at noma that I cannot bear to try?  Will the experience be too casual for my taste?  I appreciate a good experience.  After the dish served in the kitchen at Geranium I don't know how noma will top it but I have a sneaky suspicion they might.  They weren't #1 two years in a row for nothing.  They aren't #3 now for nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback!