Sunday, July 26, 2015

Traveling is like owning a business

Except without the revenue!  You do however, have a Cost of Doing Business account you draw from whenever you travel.  The guy in the local electronics store told us to buy this adapter because its cheaper to use while in the UK.  Does this guy really know what he is talking about?   We trusted him though.  Well, we get to the UK and the adapter he said will work in the UK will work for people from the UK...while they are in the US.  You could shame us for not looking closely at the package and believe me my husband got his fair share.  Point being, we ended up having to pay 10 Pounds for an adapter.  That is about $15.  I didn't realize how much I'd be keeping track of the difference between the pound and the dollar.   A single espresso is 4 Pounds so $6.  A lunch salad is 11 Pounds so about $17 and so it goes.  Its ridiculous.  I am acting like I'm getting scammed each time I purchase something.  I need to just let it go and realize its the cost of doing business in the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback!