Sunday, July 31, 2011

Second day in Mexico

Blogging only because I have to follow up on my previous post about how great the Aventura SPA resort side is. I might blog every day we are here but I don't want to over do it.

I went to a yoga class this morning as the SPA side is open to all adults staying in the FAMILY side.  It was in a beautiful setting of a meditation temple (looked like a small scale pagoda) with blue sky paint on the ceiling made up mostly of windows.  There was also a neat garden and walking path around the temple and it was near the ocean so you could hear the waves breaking while in class.  I realized through this class that if I wanted to gain more flexibility and strength in all my muscles I would need to take a class and probably change instructors every so often to keep my body "on its toes."  Anywho, after the class I went to the fitness center near an open air indoor type swimming pool and hot tub area that was gorgeous.  Right near there for the residents' convenience and health was a juice bar that made 8 different healthy cocktails.  No shots of vitamins or wheat grass just different mixes of fruits and/or vegetables based on what you wanted to boost so-to-speak.  Beauty, life, vitality, general healthiness, sleep, relaxation,etc.  I chose the multi-vitamin cocktail and went to the fitness center to use their cardio and strength training machines.  I need to burn off the extra calories I am consuming this week! It's a good thing the next two days involve mucho caminando (walking)!

When you book with this resort (like many others) you get "resort credits" where you can "spend" money depending on how long you stay.  We received $1500 in resort credits for staying with them 8 days and 7 nights.  The credits go towards items like Tours of Mayan ruins, snorkeling tours, zip line adventure tours,  swimming with dolphins or in this particular resort, spa services or a "romantic lobster dinner."  We chose two tours and the spa services and dinner.  In the late afternoon, Jon and I went to the SPA side again for massages and later in the evening SPA side again for the "romantic lobster dinner" at El Greco (serving Mediterranean cuisine). 

The dinner was quite good, sea side with 4 courses, appetizer, soup, entree and dessert.  Our app was bleu cheese and candied apples with a few lettuce leaves tied off with a carrot strip.  The soup was a delicious Cream of Spinach and the entree was Surf 'n Turf with lobster tail (of course) and small beef medallion and mashed potatoes with a few steamed veggies.  For dessert we ate a chocolate tiramisu of sorts and drank Mayan coffee.  The process to make it is exquisite and is done table side.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback!