Monday, October 29, 2018

PWM Portland, Maine and Kancamagus Highway


PWM Airport


When we landed at PWM we ended up talking to a lady at baggage claim who was very friendly and began telling us where we should go to "Leaf Peep" as she called it.

Found outside a shop in Cornish, ME


She had a Bostonian accent so I asked her at one point where she was from thinking I'm not going to take advice from just anyoneShe then told me what I guessed, she was originally from Boston but has lived in Portland, ME now for over a decade.  Okay, I thought, she can speak to "leaf peeping". She's got Maine cred.  She then continued to tell us about different highways we should take to "leaf peep."  After the third route she told us about I told her I needed to type these into my phone however she stopped and swept her hand in the air in front of her as though to erase everything she had just said and with gusto said what I heard to be "Kangamangus" Highway.  "You need to take 'Kangamangus' highway".  So I noted that highway.  She also told us we'll drive through Cornish, ME and need to eat at "Karen's" so that went into the email note I was typing to myself.  I thanked her very much and we parted ways.  What a nice start to a trip, I thought.  Funny, Maine. ME. is ending up feeling like home. Nebraska. NE.  

Kancamagus Highway - you access this highway outside of Kennebunkport, Maine and take it to and through White Mountains National Forest in New Hampshire.









Krista's Restaurant in Cornish, Maine 
We figured out by driving through town that the lady we met in the PWM airport who gave us the recommendation must have meant Krista's not Karen's.  This was the only restaurant we could locate in Cornish which made the deduction quite easy.



The best turkey sandwich I have ever had! It's called harvest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback!